11 Unique ways to spend mother's day
- Go to the zoo. Linger at Mom’s favorite exhibits and take lots of pictures to remember the day. This can be a couple or a family outing.
- Make homemade treats. If Mom loves to bake, get all the ingredients for her favorite cookie, cake, or pie recipe. Don’t forget the extra a2 Milk® to wash it down!
- Visit the botanical garden. Whether it’s just Mom and Dad, or one for the whole family, seeing fresh spring flowers is a great way to kick off the warm weather season.
- Get a little crafty. Let Mom have a few hours to herself to catch up on that sewing project, scrapbooking or painting she’s been trying to finish.
- Go for a family ride. Grab the bikes and head to the local state park or bike trails for an afternoon excursion as a group.
- Book dinner for two. Plan an evening out for Mom and Dad at their favorite little restaurant while the kids visit neighbors or grandparents.
- Plant flowers. Visit the garden center and pick out new blooms to put in flower boxes or containers on the porch.
- Send Mom to the spa. While she’s out getting a massage or her nails done, spruce up the house so she can relax when she gets home. If she feels like staying in, treat her to a DIY spa day at home.
- Visit the gym as a family. Play in the swimming pool, shoot a few hoops or play badminton.
- Sequester Mom to the porch. Tell her she must make some headway in her new novel, take a nap in the sun or listen to her favorite music for at least an hour.
- Make milkshakes together. Mix up a classic vanilla shake using a2 Milk® Whole, then add bits of your favorite fruits or candy bars as mix-ins, and sip the drinks while watching a funny movie as a family.
As you decide which ways to spend Mother’s Day in your household, don’t forget to plan out a decadent breakfast in bed, a tasty family lunch and fun snacks for this special day. Here are our favorite recipes to inspire your inner chef and are sure to make Mom smile on her big day.