Back to top
Preparation: 5 mins
Cooking time: 20-30 mins
- 2 Cups a2 Milk® 2% Reduced Fat
- 2 Cups Water
- ¼ tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 Cup Steel-cut oats
- 1 tsp. Butter
- 1 Tbsp. Turbinado sugar
- ½ tsp. Ground cardamom
- Zest of 1 orange
- Roughly chopped almonds
- Dried cranberries
- In a saucepan, bring the milk, water and salt to a low boil and gradually add the oats.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer the mixture for 10-15 minutes before adding the butter, sugar and cardamom.
- Cover the mixture and simmer for an additional 10-15 minutes, stirring intermittently.
- Once the oats are soft and the mixture is creamy, add the orange zest and incorporate.
- Ladle the oats into four serving bowls and add toppings as desired.