Back to top
Preparation: 0 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 1/4 cup a2 Milk® 2% Reduced Fat
- 1 oz. Bourbon or brandy (optional)
- 1 oz. Spiced simple syrup (see below)
- Fresh ground cinnamon or nutmeg, for garnish
Spiced Simple Syrup
- ½ cup Cane sugar
- ½ cup Water
- ½ Vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 1 Tbsp. Mulling spices (cinnamon, star anise, clove, allspice)
- Place all of the spiced simple syrup ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a low simmer. Cook for about 10 minutes, until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is fragrant.
- Strain the syrup through a fine mesh sieve and allow it to cool.
- Place the milk, bourbon or brandy (if using), and 1 oz of the spiced simple syrup into a shaker with ice.
- Pour into a chilled high ball glass and serve up or on the rocks.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of fresh ground cinnamon or nutmeg.