- 10 minutes
- Cooking time
- 45 minutes
- 15 oz. Prepared pie dough
- Pour the olive oil into a large skillet over medium heat. Once shimmering, add the squash slices. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until fork tender and slightly golden. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Roll the prepared dough into a rectangle, about 1/8-inch thick. Lightly push it into a 9x13 non-stick baking sheet and crimp the edges.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, chopped parsley, and seasonings.
- Sprinkle the cheese loosely onto the crust. Pour the filling over top and decorate the surface with split scallions and sautéed squash rings.
- Bake the pie until the center is set, about 25 minutes. Cool on a rack for 10 minutes before serving.