Rich and hearty mashed potatoes
- 10 minutes
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- 2 pounds
Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, rinsed
- ½ cup
Butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the potatoes in large saucepan and cover with water by 1 inch. Bring the pot to a low boil. Reduce the heat and simmer the potatoes until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and return them to the pot to dry.
- Dice the potatoes to about 1 inch and place them into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the butter to the potatoes and allow it to melt. Stir to incorporate the mixture.
- Slowly adding the milk, use a hand mixer to blend the potatoes. Avoid over blending.
- Season the mashed potatoes with salt and pepper, to taste.
|Amount per serving||% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 25g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 16g||80%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 45g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||14%|
|Total Sugars 5g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Vitamin D 1mcg||6%|