Back to top
Preparation: 40 mins
Cooking time: 12 mins
- 3 Cups All-purpose flour
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- ½ tsp. Baking soda
- 2 ½ tsp. Baking powder
- ¾ tsp. Kosher salt
- 2 tsp. Pumpkin pie spice, or ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg, ¼ tsp. ground ginger, 1 ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ Cup Chilled butter, cubed
- ½ Cup Buttermilk, made with a2 Milk® Whole (see below)
- 1 Cup Canned pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ tsp. Vanilla extract
Maple Cinnamon Glaze
- ½ Cup Powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 Tbsp. Butter, melted
- 2 tsp. Maple syrup
- 3-4 Tbsp. a2 Milk® Whole
- ¼ tsp. Vanilla
- To make the buttermilk, whisk together the whole milk and the cream of tartar. Allow the mixture to thicken for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spice blend to the food processor. Pulse to combine.
- Add the butter cubes to the food processor and pulse until the mixture is fully incorporated.
- Whisk together the pumpkin puree and vanilla extract. Slowly add to the dry mixture and blend until just combined.
- Turn the dough onto a floured work surface and knead just once to avoid toughness. Form the dough into a 1 ½ inch disc and cut into 8 triangles.
- Place the cut dough on the prepared baking sheet with an inch in-between. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the tops are golden, and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Transfer the scones to a rack over a sheet of parchment paper and allow them to cool for 10 minutes.
- To make the glaze, use a hand mixer to combine the sifted powdered sugar, melted butter, syrup and vanilla. Gradually add the milk until the consistency is smooth and fluid for drizzling.
- Once the scones have cooled, use a fork to drizzle the glaze over the top. Serve warm.