Back to top
Preparation: 10 min
Cooking time: 30 min
- 3 cups a2 Milk® Whole
- 1 Egg yolk
- ½ cup Cane sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1 ½ tsp. Vanilla extract
- ¹/8 tsp. Salt
- Over medium-low heat, combine the sugar, cornstarch, and 1 cup of the a2 Milk® Whisking constantly, bring the mixture to a gentle simmer and cook until slightly thickened.
- Add the remaining milk gradually, bringing back to a gentle simmer between additions.
- Whisking in a separate bowl, temper the egg by slowly adding ½ cup of the hot milk mixture to the bowl.
- Slowly add the tempered egg to the remaining milk mixture.
- Whisking intermittently, cook the recipe for 10 minutes before cooling at room temperature.
- Once cooled, chill the recipe for 1-2 hours.
- Add the mixture to the chilled canister of an ice cream maker and follow the instructions on the ice cream maker to freeze and churn.
- Serve immediately or scoop the homemade vanilla ice cream into a resealable container and keep frozen.