Old fashioned homemade vanilla ice cream
- 10 minutes
- Cooking time
- 30 minutes
- 3 cups
- ½ cup
- 2 tbsp
- 1 ½ tsp
- ¹/8 tsp
- Over medium-low heat, combine the sugar, cornstarch, and 1 cup of the a2 Milk® Whisking constantly, bring the mixture to a gentle simmer and cook until slightly thickened.
- Add the remaining milk gradually, bringing back to a gentle simmer between additions.
- Whisking in a separate bowl, temper the egg by slowly adding ½ cup of the hot milk mixture to the bowl.
- Slowly add the tempered egg to the remaining milk mixture.
- Whisking intermittently, cook the recipe for 10 minutes before cooling at room temperature.
- Once cooled, chill the recipe for 1-2 hours.
- Add the mixture to the chilled canister of an ice cream maker and follow the instructions on the ice cream maker to freeze and churn.
- Serve immediately or scoop the homemade vanilla ice cream into a resealable container and keep frozen.
|Amount per serving||% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 6g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 40g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 35g|
|Includes 26g Added Sugars||52%|
|Vitamin D 2mcg||10%|