Back to top
Preparation: 5 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 8 oz. Fresh linguini
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Tbsp Fresh lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp. Flour
- 1 Cup. a2 Milk® Whole
- 2 Tbsp. Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. Finely grated sheep’s milk cheese, such as aged Manchego
- Salt, to taste
- ½ Cup Peas
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 3 oz. Prosciutto, rolled and sliced for garnish
- Fill a 3 qt. stock pot with water, about 2/3 full. Generously salt the water and bring it to a boil.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a 2 qt. saucepan over medium heat. Add the lemon zest and cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk the flour into the butter mixture to form a roux. Cook for 2-3 minutes, just until bubbly.
- Whisking, slowly add the milk.
- Once the mixture has thickened, add the lemon juice and the grated Manchego. Season with salt, to taste.
- Drain the pasta. Add it to the lemon cream sauce along with the peas; toss to coat.
- Serve the pasta in wide, shallow bowls, garnished with sliced prosciutto.
Allergens: Wheat, Milk