- 30 minutes
- Cooking time
- 2 Cups
- 1⁄2 gallon
Follow manufacturer’s instructions for quantities of powdered yogurt culture
- Heat your whole milk over medium to low heat until it starts to boil, stirring occasionally to prevent skin and foam forming on top.
- Remove the pot from heat and allow the milk to cool until it reaches 100ºF.
- Gently stir in the powdered yogurt culture according to the amount required, stirring until completely incorporated throughout.
- Ladle the milk mixture into the yogurt maker pots (or mason jars). Arrange jars nicely inside the yogurt maker or slow-cooker.
- Set the temperature to 110°F and incubate for about 5 hours or overnight. The longer you keep it in, the thicker and more tart your yogurt ends up.