Back to top
Preparation: 30 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 2 Cups Pre-made granola
- 1 Tbsp. Brown sugar
- ¼ Cup Melted butter or coconut oil
- 2 Cup a2 Milk® Whole
- 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 6 Egg yolks
- ½ Cup Cane sugar
- ¼ Cup Cornstarch
- ½ Tbsp. Melted butter or coconut oil
- ¼ Cup Shaved dark chocolate
- ¼ Cup Hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Pulse the granola in a high-speed blender to chop. Add the melted butter and pulse again.
- Press the granola mixture into 4 small tart pans and bake for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar until fluffy and smooth.
- Sift the cornstarch to the egg mixture and whisk to incorporate.
- In a saucepan, whisking, slowly bring the milk and vanilla to a simmer.
- Whisking, pour ½ Cup of the hot milk mixture into egg mixture to temper.
- Add the tempered egg mixture to the saucepan with the remaining hot milk mixture and incorporate.
- Whisking constantly, cook the custard until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir the coconut oil into the custard.
- Pour, spoon or pipe the custard into the crusts.
- Chill the custard tarts for 20-30 minutes before garnishing with fresh chocolate shavings and chopped hazelnuts to serve.
Allergens: Milk, Nuts