- Easy to moderate
- 15 minutes
- Cooking time
- 10 minutes
- 24 tartlets
- 15 oz
- Prepared pie dough, rolled to 1/8 inch
- 2 cup
- a2 Milk® Whole
- 2 tsp
- Vanilla extract
- Egg yolks
- ½ cup
- Cane sugar
- ¼ cup
- ½ Tbsp
- Coconut oil
- 8 oz
- Fresh berries, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and have an ungreased mini-muffin tin at hand.
- Cut the rolled dough into rounds, just larger than the wells of the mini-muffin tin. The top of a fluted shot glass works well as a cutter.
- Gently press the dough rounds into the wells of the mini-muffin tin. Poke holes in the bottoms with a fork to vent, and bake until the crusts are just browned.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar until fluffy and smooth.
- Sift the cornstarch to the egg mixture and whisk to incorporate.
- In a saucepan, whisking, slowly bring the milk and vanilla to a simmer.
- Whisking, pour ½ cup of the hot milk mixture into egg mixture to temper.
- Add the tempered egg mixture to the saucepan with the remaining hot milk mixture and incorporate.
- Whisking constantly, cook the custard until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir the coconut oil into the custard.
- Pour, spoon or pipe the custard into the crusts.
- Chill the custard tartlets for 20-30 minutes before garnishing with fresh berries to serve.
Serving Size 1 tartlet
Wheat, milk, egg, coconut