Back to top
Preparation: 15 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 Yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 Cups Squash (acorn or butternut), cubed
- 1 Cup Golden beets, cubed
- 1 Cup Parsnips, cubed
- ½ Cup Apple, cubed (optional)
- 2 Cups Water (retained from steaming the veggies)
- 1 Cup Chicken stock
- ½ Cup a2 Milk® Whole
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Walnuts and thin-sliced apples, for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a 5 qt. stock pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and reduce the heat. Sauté until softened.
- Place the cubed root vegetables and apple in a steaming basket over 2 cups boiling water. Steam until tender but not soft, about 5-7 minutes. Retain the steaming water.
- Working in batches, place the sautéed onions and steamed root veggies into a blender. Gradually add the retained steaming water and puree until smooth.
- Return the blended mixture to the pot. Add the chicken stock. Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer. Reduce the heat to low and season with salt and pepper. Add the whole milk.
- To serve, ladle the soup into bowls. Garnish with thin-sliced apples and chopped walnuts, as desired.
Allergens: Milk, Nuts