Creamy Polenta with Roasted Fall Vegetables
- 20 minutes
- Cooking time
- 45 minutes
- 4 Cups
- 2 Cups
a2 Milk® Whole
- 1 tsp
Salt, or to taste
- 1 ¾ Cups
- ½ Cup
- ¼ Cup
Butter, or to taste
- 1 Tbsp
Freshly grated Manchego (sheep’s milk cheese
Toppings – Fall Vegetables
Small Carrots, peeled and halved lengthwise
Butternut squash, peeled and cubed
Golden beet, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 Tbsp
- To taste
Kosher salt and pepper
Dried herbs and seasoning blend
- 2 Cups
- ½ Bunch
Kale, torn into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and prepare a sheet pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Except for the kale, toss the prepared vegetables with olive oil. Arrange them on the sheet pan and sprinkle with dried herbs and seasonings blend, if using. Roast for 30-35 minutes, until softened and slightly browned.
- Meanwhile, bring an inch of water in the bottom of a medium saucepan. Add a steaming basket with the torn kale. Steam for 3-5 minutes, until softened. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large stock pot, bring the water and milk to a low boil. Add the salt and polenta. Cook for 30-40 minutes, until thickened. Stirring frequently, reduce the heat as needed to prevent bubbling and clumping.
- Once the polenta has thickened, add the butter and incorporate before adding the grated Manchego.
- Ladle the polenta into a low, wide serving dish and allow it to firm and cool for about 5 minutes.
- Arrange the steamed kale and roasted vegetables on top. Garnish with toasted pepitas.
|Amount per serving||% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 2.5g|
|Saturated Fat 1.5||8%|
|Total Carbohydrate 39g||14%|
|Dietary Fibre 4g||14%|
|Total Sugars 29g|
|Includes 3g Added Sugars|
|Vitamin D 1mcg||6%|