Back to top
Preparation: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 Cups Sliced leeks (¼ inch)
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- ½ Cup All-purpose flour
- ½ Cup White wine
- 8 Cups Chicken broth
- 2 Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced ¾ -inch
- 3 Carrots, peeled and diced to ½ -inch
- 3 Sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 Roasted chicken breasts, shredded or diced
- ½ Cup a2® Milk Whole
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 Tbsp. Fresh parsley leaves
- Warm the olive oil in a 3-quart stockpot over medium heat. Add the leeks and sweat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the butter to the pot and cook the leeks until softened, 3-5 minutes.
- Add the flour to the softened leeks and cook for 1 minute before adding the white wine.
- Once the wine has evaporated, add the chicken broth to the pot along with the potatoes, carrots, thyme and bay leaf.
- Bring the mixture to a low boil before reducing the heat. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove the thyme sprigs and the bay leaf.
- Add the milk and the chicken to the pot. Stir to incorporate the mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Ladle into serving bowls and garnish with fresh parsley leaves.
Allergens: Milk, wheat