Back to top
Preparation: 10 min
Cooking time: 30 min
- 6 Sweet corn cobs
- 6 cups Water
- 2 cup Onion, diced
- 3 Tbsp. Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup a2 Milk® Whole
- Fresh basil and cherry tomatoes, for garnish
- Cut the kernels from the corncobs. Set aside.
- Place the cobs in a large pot with half of the diced onions and cover with about 6 cups of water. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer the cobs for 15 minutes.
- Remove the cobs from the heat. Allow them to rest in the liquid for an additional 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat the olive oil in a stock pot. Over medium heat, sauté the remaining diced onions and the corn kernels until just softened.
- Discarding the cobs and solids, strain the liquid into a large liquid measuring cup. Add 4 cups of the strained liquid to the corn mixture.
- Add the milk to the stock pot and bring the chowder to a simmer before reducing the heat to low.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the chowder has cooled, work in batches to puree all or part of the soup in a blender.
- Add the puree back to the stock pot and bring the chowder back up to serving temperature.
- Ladle the corn chowder into 4 serving bowls.
- Garnish with fresh basil and cherry tomatoes, as desired.