Cereal milk popsicles with fresh strawberries
- 25 minutes
- Cooking time
- 5 minutes
- ½ cup
Fresh strawberries, diced
- 3 ½ cup
Corn flake-style cereal
- 1⁄3 Cup
- 4 cup
- 1 Tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Measure the cereal and scatter onto the parchment.
- Toast the cereal in the oven for 15 minutes and allow to cool completely.
- Reserve ½ cup toasted cereal and crush for garnish. Set aside.
- Combine remaining 3 cup toasted cereal with the whole milk.
- Steep the cereal at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- Using a mesh sieve, strain the milk from the cereal and set it aside in a pitcher.
- In a small saucepan over medium low heat, whisk together the turbinado sugar, salt and ½ cup of the cereal milk until the sugar is dissolved.
- Incorporate the sweetened milk with the remaining cereal milk.
- Pour the cereal milk into the popsicle molds, about ¾ full.
- Add diced strawberries to each mold.
- Top off each mold with reserved crushed cereal and place the sticks.
- Freeze the cereal milk popsicles with fresh strawberries overnight before removing from the molds.
|Amount per serving||% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 5g||6 %|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15 %|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 15mg||5 %|
|Sodium 170mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 17g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Total Sugars 11g|
|Includes 2g Added Sugars||4 %|
|Vitamin D 2mcg||6 %|
|Calcium 186mg||15 %|
|Iron 2mg||10 %|
|Potassium 245mg||6 %|