Back to top
Preparation: 10 mins
Inactive Prep: 35 mins
Bake time: 50 mins
- 6 oz. a2 Milk® Whole
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
- 2 Cups All-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp. Baking soda
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 Cup Cane sugar
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ Cup Applesauce
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- ½ Cup Brown sugar, packed
- ½ Cup Pecans, chopped
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- ½ Pint Fresh blackberries, halved
- ½ Cup Powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Butter, melted
- 1-2 Tbsp. a2 Milk® Whole
- ½ tsp. Vanilla
- Whisk together the whole milk and the lemon juice. Allow the mixture to thicken for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare an 8 x 8 square pan with butter or cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Separately, beat the remaining wet ingredients, including the milk mixture with a hand mixer.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry and incorporate.
- For the blackberry layer, whisk together the brown sugar, chopped pecans and cinnamon in a small bowl. Incorporate the halved berries and set aside.
- Spoon half of the batter into the pan and sprinkle half the blackberry mixture on top. Add the other half of the batter next, and finish with the remaining blackberry mixture.
- Bake the cake for 45-50 minutes, until golden with surface cracks beginning to form.
- Allow the cake to cool for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk together the ingredients for the glaze.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cake before slicing to serve.
Allergens: Milk, Nuts