A Festive Spin on Old Classics
What are the holidays without holiday spices? And what is Christmas breakfast without nostalgia?
After you’ve opened presents, cozy up to these festive takes on your favorite breakfast staples. Start by selecting your favorite variety of a2 Milk® to make this Creamy holiday eggnog. You can even try adding it to the recipes below. The flavor explosion will make you fall in love with the holiday spirit all over again.
- Insanely fluffy souffle pancakes drizzled with sweet and tart cranberry syrup
- Orange ricotta pancakes with cinnamon and fresh-squeezed orange juice
- Sweet or savory crepes with Homemade yogurt and chopped pecans. Add cranberry syrup and fresh fruit to make a delightfully sweet and tangy crepe. Or use creamy shredded cheese and mushrooms for a savory delicacy.
- Ooey gooey Chocolate bread pudding by Curtis Stone of TLC Network’s Take Home Chef
- Cinnamon rolls by Heather Brooker with sticky, dark brown sugar. Protip: Crush up your leftover Christmas cookies and serve them as a topping for an added decadent treat.
- Chocolate waffles with spicy cinnamon and juicy cherries
A Cup of Jo(lly)
Knock the chill off with a steaming cup of coffee or a hot mug of chocolate for the kiddos. These coffee recipes are rich and comforting, with speckles of joy to lift your spirits. Rich and creamy a2 Milk® is the shining star here. You get to enjoy the drink you’ve always loved, and the only thing you’ll have to sacrifice is the discomfort!
- Easy Gingerbread latte with gingersnap cookies, molasses, and a dusting of cinnamon
- Snickerdoodle latte topped with a cloud of delicious, frothy goodness
- Peppermint tea latte made with vanilla simple syrup and crushed peppermint candies
Hot cups, hold the caffeine:
- Warm Orange steamer with vanilla and cinnamon made with anise pods and garnish with bright orange peels to delight your eyes as well as your belly. This delicacy will make your entire home smell like the holidays.
- Cinnamon hot chocolate prepared with chocolate chips and cinnamon sticks your children will love
- Rich hot chocolate. This old throwback is undefeated. Drink hot chocolate while you eat breakfast, wrap gifts, tell stories, or just because!
For the Health-Nutcrackers in Your Life
Health-nut, nutcracker… see what we did there? If the holidays aren’t a time for dad jokes, is it really the holidays? Of course not!
Listen, we all know that everyone is on a seafood diet at this special time of year—we see food, we eat it! Amiright?! But if you’re family/friends are trying to limit their sugar, fat, and carbs this holiday season, don’t leave them out of the food festivities.
Try these cheerful breakfasts that are easy on the waist and packed with taste:
- Gingerbread milkshake pureed with frozen bananas, cinnamon, and spicy ground ginger
- A satisfying Pumpkin spice smoothie bowl topped with homemade Cranberry walnut granola, crisp fruit, crunchy pumpkin seeds, and a drizzle of maple syrup
- Creamy Homemade yogurt with fruit on the bottom and Cranberry walnut granola on top
- Naturally sweetened cookie smoothie. Bananas and almond butter make this smoothie as good for you as it is to your taste buds. Top with candy sprinkles or leftover Christmas cookies if you’re feeling adventurous.
All jokes aside, the holidays are a time to share traditions and build memories with the people we love the most. How we make and prepare food is an integral part of that ritual. As you’re enjoying your presents, remember to be present. Practice mindful meal time and enjoy the smiles and stories of each recipe shared around the table. That’s how we’ll be enjoying our a2 Milk® family. How about you? Find a2 Milk® in a grocery store near you.