If the chill in the air has you reaching for warm drinks, you’re not alone. One of the best ways to shake off the hustle and bustle of the fall is to relax with a few warm milk recipes. From cocoas to coffees, we have ideas to help you warm up, wind down, and enjoy the splendor of the changing seasons.
Benefits of Drinking Warm Milk
First, we have to extend a bit of gratitude to those parents, grandparents, and loved ones who tucked us in at bedtime as children. It turns out sipping a warm mug of milk before nodding off to dreamland may help you relax and fall asleep faster.
As a bonus, when milk is mixed with a few flavorful ingredients, it is also a source for important nutrients, providing calcium, vitamin D, vitamin A and potassium in every cup. We’ll pour a glass to that!
How to Make Warm Milk Extra Delicious
Grab a small saucepan with a handy pouring spout and a few pantry items, and try these warm milk recipes on the chilly days ahead. Alternatively, you can keep things simple and quick. Heat up classic a2 Milk® Whole or Chocolate 2% Reduced Fat, without any mix-ins, to still reap the benefits of warm milk. All are great options.
- Golden Turmeric Milk: The popular yellow-orange spice known for making curry delicious is also fabulous mixed with milk. Try this spicy blend of cinnamon, ginger, and turmeric.
- Matcha Green Tea Latte: Use green tea powder to create a warm, soothing mug of matcha and milk sweetened with a little sugar. This simple recipe is both nutritious and rejuvenating, so it’s best sipped in the morning or afternoon when you need a little pick-me-up.
- Pumpkin Spice Latte: This simple, delicious recipe is perfect for fall. If you need a morning boost, follow our recipe for a Pumpkin Spice Latte. Drinking a cup to get ready for bed? Omit the coffee, or switch out the espresso for a decaf version. If you love pumpkin pie, this blend of pureed pumpkin, maple syrup, spices, vanilla extract, and milk will be a pure delight.
- Snickerdoodle Warm Milk: If you’re craving a late-night dessert but need to get some zzz’s, this is the drink to enjoy. Flavorful vanilla extract is combined with cinnamon and milk for a decadent but simple evening treat.
- Lavender Milk Steamer: Use a whisk to make this frothy, sweet drink. Dried flower petals are heated with milk, honey, and almond extract to create a relaxing bedtime warm milk.
- Hot Cocoa: A mug of steamy chocolate goodness before bed is always a winner for all ages. Our recipe for homemade hot chocolate features cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and a little sugar to sweeten the milk.
- Mocha Latte: If you love the flavor of coffee, chocolate, and milk together, create an evening mocha latte. The secret is to use decaffeinated coffee or caffeine-free chicory granules in lieu of regular coffee. Try this coffee-house copycat that doesn’t require an espresso machine!
Pick up an extra carton of a2 Milk® next time you’re at the grocery store, and balance the crisp weather out with a warm and cozy mug full of your favorite drink. Enjoy!