Get the latest healthy living tips & health professional advice.
Dairy isn’t just an important supplement to growing boys’ & girls’ diets, it’s important for adults both young and old as well. Dairy is packed with protein, calcium, riboflavin, vitamin D, phosphorous, potassium, vitamin B12, and niacin.
The nutrients in dairy can help with bone health, boost your workout results, build and repair muscle tissue, and even help with stress relief. The fat in dairy can also help keep you satiated and full, as well as help your body absorb fat-soluble vitamins. Plus, milk, a type of dairy, is a great source of fluid to keep you hydrated.
For many people, myself included, dairy is a source of discomfort in meals. For me, anything with milk was bound to cause me digestive discomfort or nausea, so I avoided dairy for quite some time.
If you need some ideas to get dairy back into your life, here are some of my favorites to try:
2. Dairy in your smoothie with milk or yogurt is a great way to add protein, vitamins & minerals. Plus, the fat from the dairy can help you absorb all the nutrients from your smoothie.
4. Finish a long run with a cold glass of a2 Milk® chocolate milk since it has fluid to hydrate you, carbohydrates to replenish your glycogen stores and protein to with help recovery.
3. Need a quick meal? Make a quesadilla with a tortilla, shredded cheese and any additional filling like chopped veggies, chicken and/or beans. Serve with a side of salsa for extra nutrients & flavor.
6. Fill a glass of milk with some ice and pour in a little cold brew coffee for an afternoon pick me up or morning beverage. Sprinkle with cinnamon for a little something extra.
5. Satisfy a comfort food craving with some fun Cauliflower Mac and Cheese Bites. They can be served as appetizers or even a main meal with a side salad.